Truth without relationships leads to rejection. Discover how relationships form the very foundation on which we pass on our faith to the next generation. Josh shares 7 practical principles (7As) essential for developing relationships with your kids.
7 A’s – Steps to a Loving Family Relationship Handout
Audio Talk from 2013 GridIron Men’s Conference (Download): Standing Tall in the Home – Josh McDowell
- What do young people value most?
- Introducing Josh’s Family
- Rules Without Relationships Lead to Rebellion
- It’s Never Too Late!
- First A: Affirmation
- How do you respond to others’ sorrow?
- Affirming a Child
- Second A: Acceptance
- Third A: Appreciation
- More on Appreciation
- Fourth A: Affection
- Availability: The Grandfather Effect
- How to Become More Available
- Fifth A: Availability
- Showing Appropriate Physical Affection
- Sixth A: Approach Their World
- What are they interested in?
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Seventh A: Accountability
SUGGESTED BOOKS WRITTEN BY JOSH
10 Commitments for Dads
Bare Facts DVD & Book Set
Beyond Belief to Convictions
How to Be a Hero to Your Kids
Relational Parenting – 3 Pack
Relationships That Transform CD Set
Right from Wrong
See Yourself as God Sees You
Straight Talk With Your Kids About Sex
The Disconnected Generation
The Father Connection
The Secret of Loving
Why True Love Waits