Josh McDowell Ministry Paid Staff Positions
Join Josh McDowell Ministry staff and help share the hope of Jesus, until the whole world hears.
Available Paid Staff Positions
Mid-Level Partner Representative
The JMM Mid-Level Partner Representative serves as an in-house ministry partner representative and provides donor and special project support to the Mid-Level Partner Program. In this position the Mid-Level Partner Representative will develop the financial resources needed to accomplish the unique role that the Josh McDowell Ministry plays in reaching the lost for Christ. This role will handle an assigned caseload of ministry partners. The Representative will minister to these donors and nurture these relationships and in this process explain JMM’s mission, vision, and specific ministry opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicating regularly with entire caseload by phone, regular mail, social media, and email.
- Challenging ministry partners to greater levels of financial involvement.
- Thanking ministry partners for their partnership and informing them of how their partnership is making a difference.
- Encouraging ministry partner involvement in vision trips, volunteer work, briefings, and events of Josh McDowell Ministry.
- Praying with and for ministry partners regularly.
- Work with ministry partners on special projects, i.e. resource distribution, vision trips, Men’s Adventure, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining an up-to-date file in the GoldMine database for all assigned contact activity.
- Developing a working proficiency with computer software systems such as Connect & Care and GoldMine.
- Regularly purging the caseload of all non-giving ministry partners – as directed.
- Assign new donors to the caseload and create a relationship-development strategy for each new donor.
- Routing new address, phone number and email addresses to Cru and Odyssey to ensure timely data management processes are maintained.
- Maintaining electronic files containing stories and photos relating to changed life stories.
- Assist with welcoming newly acquired ministry partners to the ministry by sending them a “welcome packet.”
- Sending reports to JMM leaders relevant to partners’ giving.
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned, e.g. Urgent Needs calling campaign or assist in planning and executing JMM events when appropriate.
- Basic fund raising process and procedures.
- Josh McDowell Ministry and its mission.
- Computer software programs such as Connect & Care and GoldMine.
- Basic computer operations/skills and standard software such as Microsoft Office and Excel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Work together with colleagues to build a successful team.
- Talk with a smile and to demonstrate a servant’s attitude.
- Inspire ministry partners to continue their giving to Josh McDowell Ministry and increase if and when possible.
- Listen to understand ministry partners’ needs, desires and expectations.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Comfortably ask donors for a financial gift to support the work of JMM.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule, be available to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Solicit new and creative ideas from the ministry partners.
- Operate the copying, scanning, and printing hardware in the Plano Office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in customer service and working one-on-one with people (i.e. good people skills).
- One to three years of experience in fund raising and development – preferably for a Christian ministry.
- Two years of college education.
- Additional demonstrated excellence in fund raising can be substituted for college training.
Location: Plano, TX