Josh McDowell Ministry Paid Staff Positions
Join Josh McDowell Ministry staff and help share the hope of Jesus, until the whole world hears.
Available Paid Staff Positions
Administrative Assistant to Josh McDowell
If you're looking for a fast-paced full-time position, then look no further! Provide high level administrative support, database management, communications service, and more, to ministry founder, Josh McDowell.
>> Details about position (PDF)
- Communication: cheerful phone disposition, email management, coordinate paper and electronic mailings
- Research: Find, print and copy research for Josh, prepare new research for Josh, order resources as requested by Josh
- Administrative: Contact and schedule management, type documents and maintain computer files, process mail, manage supplies
Location: Plano, TX
Executive Assistant to Vice-President, Global Publishing
As Executive Assistant you will facilitate the administrative and relational work of the Vice-President, Global Publishing, handle the administration of all international publishing Licensing Agreements and provide administrative support to other personnel in Global Publishing.
- Maintain department calendars, schedules, special projects, monthly reports, office library, etc.
- Process royalties, process & inventory sample books received from publishers, assist with departmental budgeting.
- Coordinate registration and prepare travel/appointment itineraries for book fairs and international trips.
Location: Plano, TX
Mid-Level Partner Representative
The JMM Mid-Level Partner Representative serves as an in-house ministry partner representative and provides donor and special project support to the Mid-Level Partner Program. In this position the Mid-Level Partner Representative will develop the financial resources needed to accomplish the unique role that the Josh McDowell Ministry plays in reaching the lost for Christ. This role will handle an assigned caseload of ministry partners. The Representative will minister to these donors and nurture these relationships and in this process explain JMM’s mission, vision, and specific ministry opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicating regularly with entire caseload by phone, regular mail, social media, and email.
- Challenging ministry partners to greater levels of financial involvement.
- Thanking ministry partners for their partnership and informing them of how their partnership is making a difference.
- Encouraging ministry partner involvement in vision trips, volunteer work, briefings, and events of Josh McDowell Ministry.
- Praying with and for ministry partners regularly.
- Work with ministry partners on special projects, i.e. resource distribution, vision trips, Men’s Adventure, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining an up-to-date file in the GoldMine database for all assigned contact activity.
- Developing a working proficiency with computer software systems such as Connect & Care and GoldMine.
- Regularly purging the caseload of all non-giving ministry partners – as directed.
- Assign new donors to the caseload and create a relationship-development strategy for each new donor.
- Routing new address, phone number and email addresses to Cru and Odyssey to ensure timely data management processes are maintained.
- Maintaining electronic files containing stories and photos relating to changed life stories.
- Assist with welcoming newly acquired ministry partners to the ministry by sending them a “welcome packet.”
- Sending reports to JMM leaders relevant to partners’ giving.
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned, e.g. Urgent Needs calling campaign or assist in planning and executing JMM events when appropriate.
- Basic fund raising process and procedures.
- Josh McDowell Ministry and its mission.
- Computer software programs such as Connect & Care and GoldMine.
- Basic computer operations/skills and standard software such as Microsoft Office and Excel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Work together with colleagues to build a successful team.
- Talk with a smile and to demonstrate a servant’s attitude.
- Inspire ministry partners to continue their giving to Josh McDowell Ministry and increase if and when possible.
- Listen to understand ministry partners’ needs, desires and expectations.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Comfortably ask donors for a financial gift to support the work of JMM.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule, be available to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Solicit new and creative ideas from the ministry partners.
- Operate the copying, scanning, and printing hardware in the Plano Office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in customer service and working one-on-one with people (i.e. good people skills).
- One to three years of experience in fund raising and development – preferably for a Christian ministry.
- Two years of college education.
- Additional demonstrated excellence in fund raising can be substituted for college training.
Location: Plano, TX
Ministry Partner Representative
We are seeking a Ministry Partner Representative who is passionate about helping others know Jesus and developing lasting donor relationships. Our goal is to provide opportunities for people with resources or influence to participate with us in kingdom work according to their calling.
- Donor relations – develop an ongoing relationship with donors through active listening, regular phone calls, prayer support, social media activity and email correspondence.
- Donor management – develop a yearly plan for each caseload donor based upon their specific interests and pattern of giving, maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records in computer software systems such as Connect and Care and Goldmine.
- Donor communication – thank donors for their gifts, letting them know how they are making an eternal impact; invite donors to special ministry events; send ministry reports, proposals and other correspondence according to the individual donor plan; challenge donors to a greater level of giving and involvement.
- Special projects – in addition to regular caseload work, each rep assists with special projects as assigned by the Director of Development.
Location: Plano, TX