What’s Wrong With Dating Non-Christians?
Reading Time: < 1 minute
The Bible says, “Do not be bound together with unbelievers” (2 Cor. 6:14).
This can be tough to accept, especially when the oldest Christian guy in town is only nine years old! It gets lonely not going out. The longer you wait, the more attractive non-Christians become.
The tendency is to start to make excuses like:
- He understands me.
- She accepts me for who I am.
- I haven’t gone out in a long time, and I’m lonely.
- There aren’t any Christians I want to date.
- Non-Christians have more fun that Christians.
- She’s nicer than the Christian girls I know.
- He’s really changing. He’s not at all like he was.
- I’m not going to marry her.
- I’ll go out with him only once or twice.
- My friends want me to go and I’ll disappoint them if I don’t.
- Everyone will think I’m stuck-up.
- I don’t know how to say “no” when a non-Christian asks me out.
- I might lead him (or her) to Christ.
But, again; the Bible says, “Do not be bound together with unbelievers” (2 Cor. 6:14).
The Teenage Q&A Book, pg. 137