Truth without relationships leads to rejection. Discover how relationships form the very foundation on which we pass on our faith to the next generation. Josh shares 7 practical principles (7 “A”s) essential for developing relationships with your kids, or anyone for that matter.
7 “A”s – Steps to a Loving Family Relationship Handout
Audio Talk from 2013 GridIron Men’s Conference (Download): Standing Tall in the Home – Josh McDowell
- What do young people value most?
- Introducing Josh’s Family
- Rules Without Relationships Lead to Rebellion
- It’s Never Too Late!
- First A: Affirmation
- How do you respond to others’ sorrow?
- Affirming a Child
- Second A: Acceptance
- Third A: Appreciation
- More on Appreciation
- Fourth A: Affection
- Availability: The Grandfather Effect
- How to Become More Available
- Fifth A: Availability
- Showing Appropriate Physical Affection
- Sixth A: Approach Their World
- What are they interested in?
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- Seventh A: Accountability