Happy New Year! Here’s to peace, goodwill, and joy in 2021!
As you look toward 2021 how would you like it to be? Even if our circumstances don’t change, we can be certain that God will be with us, constant and aware. But what if we don’t know God? What if our circumstances are so hard and confusing?
With God, we can have hope, stability, and peace. The path to getting there begins with our choosing to walk in a committed relationship with Him, trusting that He is who He says He is. Our faith isn’t groundless or naive. It’s not a crutch or a fairy tale. It’s based on historically vetted truth. We really can know who God is — and why we matter so much to Him.
Join us in our new 2021 blog series, Why God?, launching this month, in which we will dive deep into who God is, and how a relationship with Him brings assurance to our lives 24/7.
For 50+ years, Josh McDowell Ministry has been leading seekers into a deeper knowledge of God’s truth and power. We offer you our accumulated knowledge and research to help you find truth and encouragement to live a healthy and whole life in Christ.
Living in a warm climate has many benefits, but snow isn’t one of them. So on that rare occasion when I do get to experience a snow storm, the world feels fresh and new. I can momentarily forget the demands of the world, as my soul soaks up the pristine beauty and quiet. I could really use some snow right now!
Who of us doesn’t feel the need for a renewal after the beatdown of 2020?
2020 was tough, with its ushering in of the pandemic, job losses, natural disasters, isolation, and more. And right now, 2021 feels just as uncertain. We might be feeling low on hope, especially if we’re struggling with depression, hardship, or addiction. We might be asking, “Where is God? Does He really care? Is He really good?”
Don’t take the world’s viewpoint on this, because it’s proven itself to be self-absorbed. Rather, let’s kick the tires of the Christian viewpoint, which points to a Creator who loves humanity so much that He was willing to take human form and die a horrific death to prove it.
God’s Word isn’t a dusty old book of made up stories. It’s truth and power. And the greatest love story ever told. It’s the explanation of why we’re here — and why the world is the mess it is. (Us. We’re the problem.)
Historical research continues to validate its contents, including the fact that Jesus was a documented historical figure. He was crucified because He claimed to be God, and seen by hundreds of witnesses in His resurrected form. The writers of the New Testament boldly proclaimed these truths, not recanting their witness even when it cost them their lives.
Just some of the verses that encouraged me greatly during 2020:
- Love the LORD, all his faithful people! The LORD preserves those who are true to Him, but the proud He pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. Psalm 31:23-24
- There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. Psalm 31:23-24
- See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19
- He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” Revelation 21:5
God Controls the Future
Only God knows what’s in store for each of us in 2021. But whatever challenges await, we are assured that God will walk through each fire with us as we lean into His strength and wisdom. I love this quote I recently read: “When Jesus said, ‘I am with you always,’ He didn’t make a promise — He stated a fact.” Truth!!
As this song by the Christian group Passion reminds us, God is good and kind, He never leaves us, and is faithful every time. He is our refuge. His arms are open wide, 24/7, no matter what.
If 2020 taught us anything, it’s that we’re not in control of life, though we certainly like to think we are. But there is One who controls not just time, but life itself. Now that Someone is worth exploring, right? Let’s dig deep into God!
Our new blog series, “Why God?” launches this month! We look forward to your being part of it! Want to submit a guest post? Read our guest blogger guidelines here.
- Prayer is simply talking to God. Here’s a free, 14-day prayer guide and daily emails to get you started.
- Don’t know God? Today is the perfect time! Read here or contact us.
- We’d love to pray for you! Submit a prayer request to us here.
- Do you have junk you want Jesus to help you unload? Check out our Resolution Movement!